Our Services & Solutions in Rwanda
As a leading financial services provider in Rwanda, we take pride in creating a financially secure future for our members and customers. Customer centricity and value addition is central to our over-aching business strategy.
We believe that our innovative approach sets us apart in providing solutions that not only meet global standards but also are tailored to our local needs.
Our services and solutions fall into three categories;
- Insurance Solutions—HMO & Wellness Solutions and Corporate General Insurance.
- Administration Services—Retirement Fund administration and umbrella retirement solutions.
- Actuarial Services—Insurance and Employee Benefits Consulting.
Medical Insurance & Healthcare Solutions
With the escalation of medical costs, employers are facing increasing upward pressure on their staff medical insurance costs. We assist employers to better target their healthcare spend and ensure they receive value for money. In addition to off-loading the administrative burden and giving peace of mind, our offering is accompanied with a bouquet of uniquely attractive value-adds structured to make access to healthcare a delightful experience.
The services we offer span across:
- Medical insurance broking
- Care & case management
- Claims advocacy
- Wellness consulting
- Third party administration
- Umbrella coverage for non-traditional risks
Corporate General Insurance
In Corporate General Insurance, Zamara provides solutions to our corporate clients for their business risks. Zamara’s risk management solutions are informed by our understanding of our client’s unique needs, which enables us to identify specific risks that our clients face. This assists our clients to manage their total cost of insurance, by minimising losses that can be mitigated through prudent risk management.
The insurance policies we offer include:
- Assets related policies
- Business interruption in case of incidences caused by fire and related perils and machinery breakdown
- Liability related policies
- Political risks & terrorism
- Crop insurance
- Crime insurance
- Motor Insurance—Comprehensive and third party covers
- Employee benefits—group personal and employer’s liability
Scheme administration is a critical and integral part of the day-to-day management of a retirement benefits scheme. It is a specialized field that requires professional skills to ensure the smooth management and running of the scheme. A well administered scheme reflects well on members’ perceptions and by extension the state of the employer.
At Zamara, we provide the full spectrum of Benefits Administration Services. Our competitive advantage lies in our invaluable experience and a diverse complement
of skills, size, corporate governance, IT systems, our staff and our innovative approach.
Our full range of benefit administration services includes:
- Consulting and Advisory Services
- Secretarial services
- Documentation and compliance
- Reporting to Trustees and Members
- Managing regular board meetings
- Liaising with all service providers
- Liaising with regulators
Benefit Administration Services
- Maintenance of individual member records
- Benefit processing and payment
- Benefit projections
- Online member access
- Quarterly administration reports
Fund Accounting Services
- Maintaining cash books
- Preparing management accounts
- Preparing accounts for audit
Training and Education Services
- Trustee Training
- Hot Topic Seminars
- Regional Conferences
- Member Education and trainimng
- Pre-retirement Training
- Financial Planning Workshop
Umbrella Retirement Solutions
Zamara Fanaka Retirement Fund
At Zamara, we appreciate that employee benefits are an increasingly important factor in the ability of an employer to attract, retain and motivate good quality staff by creating a sense of belonging and loyalty to the company.
The Zamara Fanaka Retirement Fund is an umbrella fund that is the ultimate retirement benefits solution, allowing an employer to provide flexible yet competitive benefits without the hassle of having to run a retirement benefits scheme. With various participating employers subscribing to it, the Zamara Fanaka Retirement Fund offers the following:
Benefits to the Employer
- A professional and well-managed programme that requires minimal employer involvement. Thus allowing the employer to focus on its core business
- Centralisation of management of employee benefits programs
- Reduced risk, and thus optimal returns, through larger and better-diversified investment portfolios.
- Economies of scale and lower overall costs than other
- retirement fund arrangements
- Transparent investment and performance reporting
- Regular communication to the employer
Benefits to the Employee
- Simple benefits which are easily understood by employees
- Ability for employees to make Additional Voluntary
- Contributions and boost their retirement fund
- Ease of administration of benefits to ensure that benefits are paid in a timely manner
- Use of state of the art digital platforms and tools to access one’s retirement fund at any time
- Regular engagement and communication with members
Zamara offers a comprehensive array of actuarial services to corporate clients including insurance companies, medical providers, gratuity arrangements and retirement benefit schemes. Our actuaries have a depth of regional experience in modeling techniques, valuation as well as strategy. Our actuarial services fall into three broad categories.
Pension and Benefits Consulting
Zamara offers a variety of services to retirement benefit schemes’ trustees and their sponsors, including:
- Actuarial valuations of Defined Benefit (DB) schemes and gratuity arrangements
- Actuarial reviews of Defined Contribution (DC) schemes
- Benefit design – when establishing a new retirement benefit scheme or gratuity arrangement or reviewing an existing one
- Employee benefit disclosures in accordance with global accounting standards (including IAS, FAS and CICA)
- Actuarial modeling of scenarios to model future cash flows for your retirement benefit scheme
- Modeling of benefit adequacy projections of future for members of retirement benefit schemes to predict member outcomes
- We assist trustees and members in making early interventions to improve retirement outcomes for members
We offer a full breadth of actuarial services to insurance companies, including:
- Statutory actuarial valuations of general and life insurance liabilities, including preparation of Financial Condition Reports
- Product design and pricing of new and existing products
- Embedded value and appraisal value calculations
- Transaction advisory services – Start-ups, mergers, acquisitions and commutation of insurance liabilities
- Modelling and advisory services on risk-based statutory and economic capital
- Asset consulting
- Reinsurance optimization
- Implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Valuation and pricing of National and Public Healthcare schemes and products
- Training and implementation of IFRS 17 and IFRS 9
- Asset Liability Modelling and preparation of Investment Policy Statements
- Advising on the appropriateness of contribution rates and benefit structures of Post Retirement Medical Schemes